Sunday, August 23, 2015

To each, his / her own.

I really feel useless.
Absolutely hopeless.

I want to do the very best I can for her, doing everything that is within my powers and means, but it always feels like I end up moving backwards.

I am more than a stranger, more than a friend, yet I know and understand even less than a stranger.
I feel even less than a stranger.

I do not deny that I have not gone through the situations; hence, I will not understand and feel the full gravity of it. Yes, that much is true, since she's said it too.

To each person, their own experiences; by extension and right, to each person, their own interpretrations of their own.

Which is why I am trying my best to understand, feel, think and support her as much as I possibly can.

How about trying to be in her shoes?

NEWSFLASH: I can't. Not that I don't want to. They won't fit. Neither can anyone else fit in mine. I understand that extremely well.

It somehow ends up in her pushing me away, because she might just think it's beyond any help(?) or effort at all. Also because she feels that what she has decided, is final.

She knows she's stubborn too, and it has somehow kept her going for most of the time (for now, I believe).
It's really presumptuous that I say: "I've been bloody stubborn too; and I know it's not always gonna end well if I keep on being stubborn." but I know how it ends most (if not, all) of the time.



Regret, unhappiness, and that hollow feeling that comes afterwards.

And it is exactly because I know how it ends, I feel I should say it. Ironically , for some unknown reason(s), it just feels like "taboo" to even mention or graze it. Like a big no no.

Certain things, we need to back down from being stubborn.
Certain things, we fight for till our last breath in life.

Certain things, we can't apply either or.
We just have to meet in the middle.

It's not easy, I know, but that's just life.
And that's my interpretation of life.

No comments: